Dr. Indumathi Joy
IVF Specialist In Vadapalani
DGO, DNB (OBG), Fellowship in Reproductive Medicine (FRM)
Dr. Indumati Joy has over 13+ years of experience in treating infertile couples in Chennai. She has trained various clinicians who are successful fertility specialists. Dr. Indumati completed her MBBS from Kilpauk Medical College, Chennai and DGO from Stanley Medical College and DNB from Sundaram Medical Foundation, Chennai. Her interests were always in fertility treatment and she went on to complete her Fellowship in Reproductive Medicine from the Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai.
Dr. Indumati is well versed and experienced in performing all procedures related to the diagnosis and treatment of male and female infertility which will go a long way in giving them the most optimal outcome.
She has presented many scientific papers in the national conferences and shows keen interest in using all the latest and innovative techniques which will benefit the infertile couples.
- Published a review article on “Gestational Diabetics –Maternal and Fetal outcome “ in the journal of obstetrics and gynaecology in May 2010.
- Presented a paper on “Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome” at GESI- Gynaec Endocrinological Society of India at the third Annual congress at Pune on 4th of May 2013.
- Presented a paper on “ Proximal tubal occlusion in hydrosalpinx and the IVF outcome” in the KISAR chapter of the ISAR in 2013 in Mysore.
- Presented a paper in ISAR in 2014 in Ahmedabad and a Poster in the RCOG congress 2014 held at Hyderabad.
- The topic being” The outcome of the individualized GnRH Antagonist protocol with the fixed Antagonist protocol in IVF/ICSI/ET cycles. The above paper was published in the ISAR journal.
- Published a case report on “Vulval lieomyoma” in Indian Journal of clininal Practices in September 2015.
- Published case report on “ successful pregnancy outcome following Cryo Preservation of embryos in a patient with ovarian cancer” in 2015in IFFS.
- Published a case report on “Pregnancy out come in a multi gravid with SLE and peripartum Cardiomyopathy”. In 2015 RCOG conference.
- Presented a paper on “ Diagnostic Dilemmas in SLE patients during post partum period in RCOG conference in 2016.
- Presented a paper on “A rare case of uterine varices encounted during caesarean section in RCOG conference 2016.
- Co presented an oral presentation on dual trigger in IVF /ICSI cycles in ISAR 2016 in Indore.
- Presented a paper on recurrent implantation fsilure and panel discussion on fertility enhancing surgeries in ISAR 2018 held in Mumbai.
- Presented on optimization of IUI in the Erode chapter of TAPISAR in September 2019.
CO Author & Guide for the following scientific presentations
- Morphology of oocyte & ICSI outcome retrospective study in tertiary care ART centre in 2015 in ISAR conference.
- Comparison of Day 2 versus Day 3 embryo transfer in frozen embryo transfer cycles In IFFS in 2016.
- The attitude of staff nurses towards the infertility couples attending the tertiary IVF centre – IFFS conference in 2016.
- Obesity & Semen parameters IFFS conference 2016.
- Role of antrogen modulators in poor responders in IVF /ICSI cycles ISAR 2016.
- Role of monitoring Serum progesterone values in the mid luteal phase in frozen replacement cycles IFFS conference.
- High Serum estrodiol values on the day of ovulation trigger & its impact on ICSI outcome – A prospective study accepted in ISAR 2017.
- Atosiban – Oxytocin receptor Antagonist- Its role in patients undergoing frozen embryo replacement with previous IVF failure accepted in (ISAR 2017).
- Comparison of subcutaneous vs intra muscular progesterone injections in luteal support in fresh & frozen embryo transfer cycles.
- Individualizing the IVF stimulation protocols based on the Poseidon criteria.
- Intrauterine HCG injections on the day of oocyte retrieval increases the pregnancy rate in poor responders- A prospective study.
- Does AMH have a predictive role among the oocyte donors in IVF cycles.
- Prevalence of calcium Deficiency and its impact on fertility among men visiting a tertiary fertility centre.
- MBBS from Kilpauk Medical College, Chennai
- DGO from Stanley Medical College, Chennai
- DNB from Sundaram Medical Foundation, Chennai
- FRM -Fellowship in Reproductive Medicine from The Tamilnadu Dr MGR Medical University, Chennai
- ISAR - Indian Society of Assissted Reproduction
- TAPISAR - Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry Chapter of ISAR
- FOGSI - Federation of OBGYN Society of India
- IFS - Indian Fertility Society
- IAGE - Indian Association of Gynaec Endoscopists
- PCOS - Society of India