Inflammation of the prostate gland is termed as prostatitis. If this inflammation and its symptoms last for more than 3 months, then in such conditions a person is said to be affected by chronic prostatitis. This condition is commonly found in younger or middle-aged men.
The prostate gland is located below the bladder surrounding the urethra. It plays a major role in pushing the semen out through the penis during ejaculation and also produces most of the fluid that forms the semen. So any infection to this part of the body can lead to problems with urination and sexual performance.
It is really important to recognize the symptoms of chronic prostatitis so that proper and timely treatment can be received. In this article, we will discuss the symptoms of chronic prostatitis.
Chronic Prostatitis Symptoms
In most cases, the signs and symptoms of chronic prostatitis never really go away. It comes and goes for a long period of time, causing a major impact on one's life. Below given are some of the chronic prostatitis symptoms:
- Gnawing or sharp and intense pain in the genital or pelvic area.
- Peeing frequently or a constant urge to urinate, especially during night time
- Pain while peeing
- Difficulty in urinating with an uneven stream
- Burning sensation while urinating
- Pain in the testicles, penis, anus, perineum, lower abdomen or lower back
- Pain while ejaculating
- Enlargement of the prostate gland may be seen
- Erectile dysfunction
- Pelvic pain after sex
- Fever, chills or nausea if the infection persists
Get Treatment for Male Infertility, Make an Appointment Today
Looking to consult a Fertility Specialist? Call for an appointment or visit your nearest Nova IVF Fertility Centre. Consult with India’s finest Fertility & Reproductive Medicine Specialists.